6 Nervous Nellie Ideas for Easy Holiday Celebrations

Holidays are particularly stressful between gift buying, party going and party hosting. This and next week I'll outline steps that may reduce stress at least around entertaining. Keep in mind that size matters and you'll want to scale these tips to match your vision for the party.
Some of the tips outlined may sound over the top snooty or expensive. Just pick a few of these ideas. I grew up with parents who loved to entertain.  There was always enough good food, refreshments and fun friends.  I learned a lot from them and over the past 45 years have picked up a few extra tips that I've written about in this email. I hope you find them useful.
  1. Planning. Start planning days or even weeks before an event depending on how many people will attend. For me half the fun is the creativity that goes into the menu, decoration, setting the table and anticipating the day of the party.
  2. Themes. A really nice touch and especially fun around holidays, birthdays and special events that can include decorations like flags on July 4 or a black and white color scheme for New Years Eve.
  3. Invitations.  Sending invites whether snail mail or email are appreciated by guests and add flair to your party. 
  4. Help! Depending on the size of the group and available budget you may consider hiring a helper for serving, keeping dishes and glasses picked up and food refreshed.
  5. Food. Use recipes that you have served before. This is not the time to try out a new recipe. Trust me, I've gone down in flames by serving something I haven't used in the past. Serving commercially prepared or packaged food is just fine. Costco, AJs, Sprouts, Trader Joes or any local food store.
  6. Let your guests bring something! I've learned that guests like to contribute.
  • Embarrassing Hostess Story: One Thanksgiving I decided to roast a goose. I prepped it according to a recipe the day before the dinner. The day of the dinner I slipped this plump bird in the oven.  When it was finished I removed it from the oven and placed it on a carving board on the table.  As I began to slide the knife into the goose the bird literally turned to dust and collapsed before me (and my 10 guests) very eyes. The bird had completely dried out.

I hope that you find these little tidbits helpful. If you enjoy the article, I’d love to hear what you liked best. Please feel free to pass these tips on to anyone you know who might enjoy them!.
When you're ready for your next executive headshot or personal branding photo session search out the photographer that will best meet your needs and personality.  If you're in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area I'd appreciate a message from you to talk about how you want your headshot to reflect who you are.
Facebook Instagram LinkedIn Portfolio

Yours truly, Linda
480-353-9415, Linda@LindaKazares.com


PS I travel often to the San Francisco Bay area.  Please let me know what would be convenient for you and I will schedule an appointment the next time I'm there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Else Is Posting A New Headshot. Are You?

3 Bright Ideas For Better Visual Branding During Virtual Meetings

How Pre-Event Planning will Enhance the Results of Corporate Event Photography Part 2 of 2