Tip Tuesday: Balance Color in Group Photos


This photo tip is a little advanced. I want to talk about clothing color balance which is a subtle detail that is often overlooked particularly in bestie selfies. When you take a photo of the family or friends think about where they should be placed in the group pose.
A good start is placing people by height (remember the tip - "if you can't see the camera, it can't see you").  

Next consider what they're wearing. Placement of color, tones, light/dark and patterned clothes can kill or enhance the photo.

I did the Red Carpet photos in this blog for the Leukemia Man and Woman of the year. Observe how I placed people to balance the colors and heights.

It won't always work to be this detailed, after all you want to have fun when you're using your smartphone to take pics. Take a few second when you're getting ready to take the shot. You'll be amazed at how this will improve your photos. Enjoy!

If you enjoy the articles, I’d love to hear what you liked.

When you're ready for your next executive headshot or personal branding photo session search out the photographer that will best meet your needs and personality.  If you're in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area I'd appreciate a message from you to talk about how you want your headshot to reflect who you are.
Facebook: fb.me/lindakazares
Instagram: @lindakazares
LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/2y88HCO
Portfolio:LindaKazares.com

Yours truly, Linda
480-353-9415, Linda@LindaKazares.com


PS I travel often to the San Francisco Bay area.  Please let me know what would be convenient for you and I will schedule an appointment the next time I'm there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Else Is Posting A New Headshot. Are You?

How Pre-Event Planning will Enhance the Results of Corporate Event Photography Part 2 of 2

How many faces can you make? A headshot story!